Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Night Run

Today I did a shorter run from my saturday run. I just summited Doug and then went down the north "rock breaker" trail. I didn't start untill 7:05 pm and was done at about 7:57 pm so it was less then an hour. I had a hard time getting into this run. I began to really feel good about the time that I started climbing the mountain but then it was too dark to go my fastest. I had to slow down a bit. I pushed really hard up the hill and still pooped out a little from the top. I really want to get to where I can run to the top with out slowing down to a speed hike. It is really challenging doing the trails in the dark. I will have to get lights and start running more in the dark as the days start really shortening up. My shoes are really starting to hinder me on the rock breaker. The trail is just to rough for road shoes and I don't have good traction so I don't push. I dream of 100 bucks for running shoes. Maybe I can make a few extra bucks somewhere and get me some shoes, however that is quite selfish considering my family barely has food on the table. Oh the sacrifices a starving international grad student with a family makes. I also am having a hip in my left hip and hip socket. I hope it is just a small tweak and that it won't slow me down. I will try it out tomorrow, and if it is as sore or worse I may have to take a small rest and just do core strengthening for now. I HATE INJURIES! I have allready had a 2 month battle with runner's knee back in April and it didn't allow me to run any summer races.



My poor road runners are just not cut out for what I am putting them through. They are a very good shoe for the road though! It is amazing they have got me this far, that says something about these shoes.

No comments: