Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A day in the life...

I found this on a great ultra blog I follow and thought it summed up a day in the life of an endurance trail runner nicely. Since I am down with a bit of a chest/throat bug right now and haven't ran since Saturday I find myself obsessing over training strategy and future runs I want to do. It has been brutal focusing on my studies, with the end of the semester nearly upon me I am going to just have to hunker down make it through a couple of presentations, a final, and then it will be a Summer of experiments, data crunching, field work, and running bliss. I can't wait!!! The typical day of an ultra trail runner is truly epic!

3 comments:

Vyedka said...

hahaha loved this video! My favorite part was the end of the video with the guy getting into the tub to soak! I laughed that is totally you! This is definitely a day in your life! Great post, fun to watch Ü

Steve said...

Nothing beats a good soak, while listening to some awesome music, after finishing some insane trail run. That is the exact equation for a near perfect day!

Tim said...

That was a way cool video and I could see the reasoning for wanting to run in the wilderness LOTS more then on the street! That was a really cool video.