Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ultra Training Week 2 August 1 - August 7 with a long run on Mount Work

This is a little late considering week three is a day from being over but here is my Vlog on training for an ultra for my second week (it is a little quiet in places and once again the sound is off in a few spots but that is what I have to work with as far as my camera mic goes and also my editing software).




Monday - 4 mile hike with my daughter in my pack
Tuesday - fast 6 miler hilly
Wednesday - fast 5 miler flat
Thursday - 6 miles hilly
Friday - rest day
Saturday - hilly 14 miler
Sunday - easy 5 miles
Total - 36 miles running 4 miles hiking

1 comment:

Tim said...

Very well done, you are progressing VERY nicely! Watching your videos, I can tell that your body is already more fit than your previous video, not as much huffing and puffing going on.

40 miles in one week is VERY challenging, especially with the schedule you have, that means lots of late nights or early mornings for you I am sure.

It also sounds like you had some VERY adventerous runs with the wildlife this past week (deer, owls, bugs etc). I am sure that kept you on your toes, and VERY aware of your surroundings.

Well another VERY interesting video, I LOVE watching these videos each week, they are always VERY cool and a very enjoyable way to live vicariously through you. To share some of your running experience is cool.