Friday, November 27, 2009

PhD Proposal Accepted!

It has been a bit since I last updated. Several things have been going on in the last month or so. I have been running again and have really started cranking out the distance. It is amazing to be running again. I am cranking some serious distance and hope to really improve in the next few months. My next big news is I presented my research to my committee and was officially accepted into the PhD program at UVic. I feel I really nailed my presentation. My thesis is titled "The Behaviour of Ore Elements During Igneous Processes in Arcs". Basically I am looking at the fortuitous processes that lead to Giant Copper Porphyry Deposits like Bingham in Utah. I am taking an experimental approach to study the problems associated with why or why not one of these deposits might form. There is three main processes that I will be researching but mostly I am focussing in higher temperature and pressure and more primitive magmas to better understand the deeper processes where there is a major dearth of experiments and information. I am excited. I am exactly where I want to be in my life right now, doing exactly what I want to do, with the people I love the most. I have no complaints. I am by no means out of the woods yet I still have to do the oral entrance exam and if I don't pass that examination I will be demoted back to a Master's and will be forced to finish up with the work that I have. It will be a challenge but I know I am going to do an awesome job. Looks like I will be here for a few more years yet.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Thats awesome, you are a freakin genious. Keep working hard and running hard (lucky) Sounds like life is going good for you at the moment. All that stuff is way over my head.

Micke taylor said...

The article you have posted is informative. One might be benefited if one would go through this article. Another good phd proposals writing service also provides informative and unique contents to them who need these from the professional writers.