Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fun with photoshop Vintage photos of old creepy Cabins











I really like taking photos of creepy abandoned cabins that I have found in the middle of nowhere. I don't exactly know where this strange obsession came from but I have dozens of photos of random cabins I have found in Utah's forgotten mining camps and hidden canyons or mountain ranges. I don't like the photos to look like I just took the shot, but instead I like the photos to look old, vintage and creepy. I think that I just really like moody pictures that combine history with nature and that is why I like the subject of abandoned cabins in the bush so much. I spent a few minutes yesterday taking four different shots of cabins that I have taken over the years and enhanced them to look old. These are the before and after shots. They are actually supposed to be torn on the edges but I loaded some as JPG and some PNG and I am unsure how blogger handles the torn edges so they may have a white a checkered background behind the tattered edges.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Those are cool photos. Is any of those cabins one that is by the silvermine we went too. I was trying to see if I could see that on Google Earth the other day to no avail.

Vyedka said...

These pictures are so awesome! I LOVE them! You are an amazing photographer Steve! You did a great job making them look old, vintage and Creepy!